Friday, June 26, 2009

Supplementary - Black Angus

Black Angus Steak House for dinner.

I was greated by an ugly looking fish. No seriously. Fish isn't a metaphor. Not sure what his name was (I'm assuming 'it' was a 'he' but 'it' could just as easily have been a 'her'). He was a Paku, a big 15 year old brute. He was about 3 feet long and two feet high (and about 1 inch wide!). That is unless he was actually only 3 inches tall, and two inches high - and it was the walls of his glass prison that were 3 feet thick, giving the illusion he was big...

Well he (lets call him, um, 'Tiny') could do 0-60 faster than anything I've ever seen that big. He must have been about Tahoe size (in fish terms) and he was much faster - relatively. Not sure how economical though. Maybe a rat or two, he looked capable of devouring pretty much anything that was put in his tank. Miles-per-rabbit?

The other thing that happened was my waiter, Josh, (who wasn't 2 feet high) got a dressing down of a rather arrogant lady.

Let me put you in the picture some more.

So I was eating my dinner (caesar salad, this toasted sourdough bread loaf in oil - delicious - steak and fries, literally steak and fries - no veg, not even a hint at veg, glad I ordered the caesar), and in walks a very tall and not-particularly-skinny lady, and a very short gentleman. The lady was American, and the guy was spanish - and couldn't speak a word of English. Anyway, so I'm eating away and Josh-the-waiter goes over and does his intro. She stops him, and nastily says "Pardon me? Don't you mean 'you'". I'm like "huh" and he's like "huh" (And so one time? I was at Band Camp? I realise not everyone will appreciate this little jokette) What he had said to offend the poor woman was "Hi my name is Josh, and I'm going to be helping us today" instead of "Hi my name is Josh, I'm going to be helping you today". Strictly speaking, I suppose she was right, but OMG what an obnoxious woman! He's just trying to do his sodding job, and be polite about it! Polite to people LIKE YOU luv. Later on she was joined by a couple of guests, and was explaining to them how she'd sorted him out, and her guest says "oh so you're not in a good mood" and she replies "no, I just have a lot of rules".

ARRRGGGGGGHHHH Its people like that, who REALLY get on my wick! Like that irritating woman in the tube when Sam had her purse stolen... stop me if I've told you this one before!

Time for more Bud light and a spa by the sounds of things!

No comments: