Saturday, June 20, 2009

Big Rain

Well I got here! The Continental Airlines flight from Manchester to Newark was better than expected, possibly 8.5 out of 10. One thing is for sure, I will definitely fly with them again. In the current climate for airlines, I was impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the staff, as well as the up-to-date Boeing 757-200 plane. Ok, so it was a small plane with just 2 rows of 3x3 seats, but the ride was relatively smooth and the legroom was good - even managed a few minutes kip!
I do find it very funny though, that people must have plenty to drink before the flight and hold their bladders until they get on the plane! Sure enough, just after take-off, the fasten-your-seat belts sign goes out and 90% of the passengers all get out of their seats and rush to the lav... I'm suprised the plan managed to keep its nose up with the amount of people rushing forward...
Managed to get my rental car too. A Buick Lucerne? No. A Cadillac DTS? Erm No. We don't have any of those here Sir. More money please. One 2009 5.3ltr V8 Chevy Tahoe! Its got 320hp, not that you can tell. Most of those horses are sat on their backsides, on the third row of seats... Still it will do 20mpg on the highway... oooh.
Oh and guess what! Its RAINING! And this is no ordinary rain. Its what Dad sad. This is big, chunky, manly, rare steak eating American rain. Not the miserably British light rain, oh no.

1 comment:

Jon.Hughes said...

Tim, I'm pleased they do actually have big heavy meaty rain in the States. It used to nark me that Hollywood films had the rain hammering down on the scene (as if someone was hanging a fire hose from above the set - as if?!). Now I know its all true.